Reviving Rural Crafts Programme
In late 2018 we received funding from The Arts Council NI for a programme – Reviving Rural Crafts, in which we planned to hold a series of courses based on old rural crafts such as Straw Weaving, Basket Weaving and Stone Carving. This was complimented by a grant from the Halifax Foundation NI towards the Wood Carving element of the programme. Many thanks to both funders for making this very popular programme possible.
Co-op Local Community Fund
We are delighted that Aghalee Village Hall has been chosen to benefit from the Co-op Local Community Fund. To help us raise vital funds, we’ll be relying on Co-op members. When a member buys selected products or services from the Co-op they earn a five per cent reward for themselves, with a further one per cent for local causes like ours.
Co-op members can choose a cause by going online www.coop.co.uk/ membership. We really hope that people will visit the website and choose to support us. If you’re not a member and would like to support us, you can join at your local store or online at www.coop.co.uk.
Recent Funding received
- James Tudor Foundation, Action Cancer Big Bus Visit, £ 525.00
- Lisburn & Castlereagh City Council, Community Services Grant, £4,455.00
- Esme Mitchell Foundation, Art/Upholstery/Needlecraft, £1,000.00
- Halifax Foundation, NI Wood Carving Course, £1,120.00
- Lisburn & Castlereagh City Council. Be Active Programme, £1,800.00
- Garfield Weston Foundation, Core costs £5,000.00
- Woodward Charitable Trust, Summer Schemes, £450.00
- The Foyle Foundation, Outdoor area/Car Park (Pledged), £5,000.00
- Truemark Trust Equip/trips for elderly, £4,000.00
- Lisburn & Castlereagh City Council, Christmas Grant, £1,000.00.
Thanks to all our Supporters!
We would like to extend a big THANK YOU to all our funders and supporters:
- Country Gig Night income £82.00
- Afternoon Tea income £220.00
- Art Exhibition donations £213.00
- Summer Walk donations £225.50
- Upholstery donations £313.35
- Glenavy FC donation £100.00
- Funding of £525 was received from
The James Tudor Foundation to hire Action Cancer Big Bus for a day to deliver up to 24 breast screenings for ladies outside HNS age guidelines and up to 26 general health checks for anyone over 16. The date will be advertised in due course.
- HMRC Gift Aid for 2019 will be
- Lisburn & Castlereagh City Council. This year 2019 – Community Grant - £4,455
Those who have donated ballot prizes for 2019 include: Classic Kitchens, Edenmore Country Club, Clenaghan's, Lagan Locks, Pooles Moira, Elite Beauty, Mace Aghalee, Smyth Patterson, Aghalee Pharmacy, Brambleberry Jams, AVH, Aghalee Taekwondo Club, Aghalee Upholstery Class, The Huff family, Alison Gawith, Anne Miskelly, and The Buller family. Further donations are very welcome and will be acknowledged in the winter newsletter.
We acknowledge a huge thanks to all those members of the committee and community who give of their time and expertise to hold events to help us fund-raise and to the funders, patrons and supporters who have made our continuing work possible. We are deeply indebted to you all. This year we hope to bring in even more money to help us continue to expand our programme of courses, classes and social activities and to refurbish the outdoor space/car park which is in a bad state and needs a new drainage system and to be resurfaced, the cost of which is in the realm of £24,000!
…and especially to Lisburn & Castlereagh City Council for their continued support of Aghalee Village Hall.
Other suggestions for fundraising events include:-
Golf event around May/June
Easter Monday Community Picnic/Easter Egg Hunt in the Aghalee Playing fields.
Autumn - Kiddies Night at the hall which might include a Disco and perhaps a Movie splitting the evening into Kiddies and Older children.
Possible tractor run
Possible Car Boot Sale
If you wish to give a donation to Hall Funds.
Donations may be made by cheque made out to Aghalee Village Hall and sent to Aghalee Village Hall, c/o The Treasurer, 6 Lurgan Road, Aghalee, Craigavon, BT67 0DD, or by cheque or cash given to any committee member, or left in the box behind the tills at the local Mace. Please make sure your name and address are on the envelope and indicate if you are eligible for Gift Aid to be collected as this is worth an extra 25% and we may be able to claim this. All donations will be very gratefully received and the total amounts raised will be acknowledged in the village hall newsletter.